The 90 degree close elbow is made to be used in dryer installations where depth is limited. UL 2158A duct is highly recommended for clothes dryer venting installations.
- Space saving design
- Prevents excess lint buildup due to a smooth interior surface
- Resists crushing and maintains maximum airflow
- Swivel connectors on close elbows allow moving dryer without disconnecting
- 100% durable aluminum material
Benefit to Lambro’s 90 Degree Close Elbow Design
Lambro has redesigned the industries “Close Elbow” to be more efficient and safe
when venting clothes dryers. The newly designed close elbow has been engineered
to have a rounded interior as opposed to an interior with many 90 degree corners
as evident in the old “Close Elbow” design. The 90 degree corners can cause lint
buildup which can lead to a possible fire. The drying efficiency is also increased due
to the increased airflow allowed by the rounded design. The risk alone from allowing
lint build up would prevent someone from buying such a product. Below is a
statistic of clothes dryer fires each year:
Clothes dryer fire safety outreach materials
Facts about home clothes dryer fires:
- 2,900 home clothes dryer fires are reported each year and cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100
injuries, and $35 million in property loss.
- The leading cause of home clothes dryer fires is failure to clean them (34 percent).
- More home clothes dryer fires occur in the fall and winter months, peaking in January.
Provided by the following website: