Wall vents are one of the most convenient ways to hide the termination holes from exhaust systems in exterior walls. A well-designed wall vent, cap / hood does not interfere with the aesthetics of a home, yet will guard against dirt, debris, and animals for many years. Regardless of what kind of air exhaust application install, finish professionally by purchasing a wall vent from Lambro
Lambro offers many different types of wall caps, also referred to as wall vents or wall vent caps, for kitchens, dryers and bathrooms ventilation systems. Our wall vent products usually include spec sheets and installation instructions on their pages. Some product pages have installations videos as well.
Lambro sells its wall cap products through a network of dealers, distributors, wholesalers and retailers in the United States.
All of our wall cap products meet or exceed local and national building codes. If you are a dealer or contractor contact Lambro. We will be happy to help you find the best roof vent cap for your exhaust venting needs!
If you are a consumer and are installing an exhaust ventilation system, contact your local big box, hardware store or e commerce site today for Lambro wall vents or wall vent kits!
Bathroom wall mounted or ceiling mounted exhaust fans play a crucial role in maintaining the overall health and hygiene of a home. By removing excess moisture and unpleasant odors from the bathroom, these fans prevent the growth of mold and mildew, which can cause serious health problems. They also help preserve the integrity of the bathroom’s interior by protecting drywall, wallpaper, window coverings, and cabinetry from damage due to excessive moisture.
There are several options available for bathroom exhaust fan installations, each with its own set of benefits and drawbacks. The most common option is to vent the fan to an exterior wall. This is a straightforward and effective solution that can be easily installed in most homes. The second most popular option is roof vent installation, which can provide better ventilation performance, but is more complex and requires a higher degree of technical skill to install. Do not vent into the attic area since the moisture can cause major mold issues and structural damage.
Finally, there is the option of venting the fan to the soffit, the underside of a roof’s overhang. This option is less commonly used, as not all municipalities allow it. Before opting for this solution, it is important to check with your local building code to ensure that it is allowed in your area. However, if you are able to use this option, it can provide a more discreet and aesthetically pleasing installation. Regardless of the option you choose, it is important to have a proper ventilation system in place to ensure the health and well-being of your home and its occupants.
Most of Lambro’s bathroom venting products work well for either a wall or ceiling bathroom fan installation. Available in white, grey, and brown plastic or aluminum, these wall exhaust vents fit ducts with diameters of 3”, 4”, 5” and 6”.
· Opening/closing damper prevents outside elements from entering the vent · Some have dampers that are spring loaded to keep damper closed when not in use · Some have screens or removable screens to prevents birds from nesting inside of vent
· UV inhibitor is used to help prevent the premature fading of vent
Lambro offers convenient bathroom ventilation vent kits in both vinyl and aluminum, which include all the necessary parts for a complete bathroom ventilation system. This eliminates the need to separately select a duct, vent, clamps, connector, and trim plate, making your shopping experience easier. Our kits are primarily designed for venting directly through an exterior wall.
Bathroom Wall Cap Vent Kits w/ Parts
Bathroom Wall Cap Vent Kits
Unlike dryer ducts, bathroom duct kits can have either a ridged or smooth interior, as metal, plastic, and aluminum flex ducts are permitted for bathroom venting. Smooth surfaces are not required for bathroom ducts because bathroom fans do not exhaust flammable lint, and the temperatures passing through the duct are much lower than those for dryers, making potential obstructions less dangerous. However, pooling of condensation is a concern.
In contrast to dryer ducts, there are no explicit length and diameter requirements in the International Residential Code (IRC) for bathroom vents. It is worth noting that clothes dryer ducts can be used for a bathroom/shower fan’s exhaust duct, but not necessarily vice versa.
Typical kit features include:
· Opening/closing damper prevents outside elements from entering the vent · Removable screen · UV inhibitor used to help prevent the premature fading of outside exhaust vent · Include either hood or cap vents or louvered vents with tail pipe, a trim plate and some type of clamp
Once you have selected the type of kitchen exhaust duct to use with your range hood or exhaust fan, the next step is to choose and install a suitable wall cap for air to exit the kitchen.
It is important to ensure that the diameter of the wall cap matches that of the ductwork. At Lambro, we offer kitchen wall caps ranging in diameter from 6 inches to 8 inches, allowing you to find the perfect fit for your needs.
Our wall caps are specifically designed to accommodate range hoods with various CFM (cubic feet per minute) ratings, ensuring that your ventilation system functions efficiently and effectively.
· 0-400 CFM: minimum duct size of 4”, recommended duct size of 6” · 401-600 CFM: minimum duct size of 6”, recommended duct size of 8” · 601-900 CFM: minimum duct size of 7”, recommended duct size of 8”-10” · 901-1200 CFM: minimum duct size of 8”, recommended duct size of 10”-12” · 1200+ CFM: minimum 10” diameter duct, recommended duct size of 12”
Lambro’s wall caps for kitchens are made from plastic in white or grey or in aluminum. Most Lambro product pages for wall caps have both a spec sheet and installation instructions.
LAMBRO ALUMINUM WALL CAPS for 6” TO 8” Diameter Ducts
· Opening/closing damper prevents outside elements from entering the vent cap · Damper is spring loaded to keep damper closed when not in use · Back-draft damper helps prevent undesirable air backflow · Some aluminum wall caps have screens to prevent birds from nesting inside the vent cap · Available in sizes for 6”, 7”, 8” diameter ducts
LAMBRO PLASTIC WALL VENT CAPS for 6” TO 8” Diameter Ducts:
· Opening/closing damper prevents outside elements from entering the vent · Damper is spring loaded to keep damper closed when not in use · Back-draft damper helps prevent undesirable air backflow · Have screens to prevent birds from nesting inside the vent · Available in sizes for 6”, 7”, 8” diameter ducts · Colors: white or grey · UV inhibitor is used to help prevent the premature fading of vent
LAMBRO 3 1/4″ X 10″ WALL VENT CAPS FOR RIGID DUCTWORK:
· The 3 1/4″ X 10″ size is equivalent to a 6″ round. · Available in aluminum and plastic (white or grey) · Spec sheet available on product page · Some have screens · Opening/closing damper prevents outside elements from entering the cap · Damper is spring loaded to keep damper closed when not in use · Plastic wall caps have a UV inhibitor is used to help prevent the premature fading of cap
A dryer vent system plays an important role in keeping a home safe from fire hazards.
Removing moist air allows the dryer to recirculate dryer air into the clothes dryer which will substantially reduce dryer times and help decrease electricity usage.
In order to ensure that your dryer vent is properly installed and up to code, there are a few guidelines you should follow.
First, check your local dryer vent codes. These will vary depending on where you live, but there are some general standards that most jurisdictions follow. Make sure that your dryer vent meets or exceeds these requirements.
Be sure to follow the installation instructions carefully to ensure proper ventilation and avoid issues down the road.
The most efficient way to vent your dryer is through the wall to the outside. A wall cap should be fitted at the termination of the ducts, not only for a nice finished look from the outside, but also to prevent dirt, birds and other critters from entering the duct. Lambro offers a number of different kits for clothes dryer venting installations.
Lambro dryer vents are available in aluminum and white or brown plastic. Our wall caps will fit ducts with diameters of 4”, a standard duct size for dryers.
Clothes dryer venting kits are a user-friendly solution that provide all the essential components required for a hassle-free installation by either a consumer or contractor. The exhaust hood vents or wall caps in these kits come in a choice of aluminum or plastic, with plastic options available in white or brown.
The ducts included in these kits have a diameter of 4 inches and are either semi-rigid aluminum or flexible laminated foil, available in lengths of 5 or 8 feet. Many kits also come equipped with galvanized tension clamps for added security.
In each kit, detailed installation instructions are included for your convenience. Additionally, some products even come with spec sheets and videos to assist with the installation process.
Highly recommended for clothes dryer venting installations, Lambro offers more than 17 dryer wall vent kits.
Typical features include:
· Opening/closing flaps prevents outside elements from entering the vent · Flexible laminated foil design for easier installation or a flexible semi-rigid aluminum triple-lock design · Ideal for both gas and electric dryer installations · UV inhibitor is used to help prevent the premature fading of vent · Metal Worm Gear Clamps or Galvanized Tension Clamps